Hand-picked & Hand-rolled
Mitatani green tea is hand-plucked and hand-rolled using traditional Japanese techniques. It is rich in polyphenols and catechin, making it a powerful antioxidant. Polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins reduce the formation of free radicals thus protecting your cells from any further damage.
Mitatani Tea is a family-run business. We grow quality teas under the perfect forest-shaded canopy of the Western Ghats, abundant rain, indigenous microorganisms, using natural fertilisers, allowing us to produce the finest Green tea, White tea and Matcha, rich with antioxidants.
A Century-Old Japanese Whole Leaf Rolled Tea
At Mitatani tea, we use the age-old Japanese tradition of tea processing where the bud and the tender first leaves are carefully plucked, without damaging the leaves. The advantage of using the whole leaf is that it retains more polyphenols and beneficial flavonoids thus making tea a healthy beverage.
Online Tea Shop
We produce premium quality tea using only the top two leaves and the bud of the tea plant, which is then hand-plucked and hand-rolled to produce this unique green tea.
We are just getting started, so join us on our journey as we discover what tea can do when it's grown where folks appreciate this sweet Asian tradition.
Green tea is full of catechins, a complex organic molecule. They belong to the flavonoid group of compounds and has a variety of potential health benefits including anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. The main catechin molecules that give green tea its properties include epicatechin (EC), gallocatechin (GC), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate (ECG), and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG).
The health benefits of catechin include,
- Increased body metabolism
- Protection against neurodegeneration
- Increased concentration and brain activity
- Increased fat burning and improved physical performance
- Lowers the risk of various types of cancer
- Lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Improved dental health
- Lowers risk of bacterial infection
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes
- Lowers risk of cardiovascular diseases, including heart attack and stroke
- Our green tea is rich with polyphenols (26%) and catechin (19%).
- Contains the most antioxidants and beneficial polyphenols that give protection to the cardiovascular system.
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and acidity.
- Catechin reduces tumour growth and protects cells from free radicals.
- Polyphenols control sugar levels in the body.
- Amino acid helps to generate Alpha waves in the brain making you calm and relaxed.
Best brewing techniques
Making that perfect cup of tea is more like an art perfected over the years. However, there are a few tested tea brewing techniques that you can follow.
Organic, hand-rolled green tea has the power to change lives. It was used as food and medicine before it became a steeped beverage. It activates your senses.
We follow the traditional method of processing green tea and handles all parts of the production by hand – from hand-plucking the leaves to hand-rolling.