Making that perfect cup of tea is more like an art perfected over the years. However, there are a few tested tea brewing techniques that you can follow.
The Classic Infusion Method
This is the most popular technique practised around the world. It works by controlling the temperature and steeping time to produce the tea of the strength of your desire.
- Boil the water to 80°C.
- Place the tea leaves in the infuser.
- Pour the hot water prepared over the tea leaves.
- Brew your tea for the recommended time.
- Take the tea leaves out.
- Pour your drink into a cup and enjoy.
The Cold-Brewing Method
In the cold-brewing method, there is no heat involved and the tea produced will be stronger than the tea produced during the simple infusion method.
- Add tea leaves to a tall jar. (6 teaspoons of tea leaves of 1 litre of water)
- Fill it with water.
- Cover it with a lid and leave it in the refrigerator to brew. (8 hours)
- Remove the leaves.
- Pour the tea into a cup and enjoy.